Shipments and returns
Packages are generally dispatched within 24 hours after receipt of payment and are shipped via Fedex or Canada Post / USPS with tracking and drop-off without signature.
Extra with required signature, an additional cost will be applied, so please contact us before choosing this method. Whichever shipment choice you make, we will provide you with a link to track your package online.
Shipping fees include handling and packing fees as well as postage costs. Handling fees are fixed, whereas transport fees vary according to total weight of the shipment. We advise you to group your items in one order. We cannot group two distinct orders placed separately, and shipping fees will apply to each of them. Your package will be dispatched at your own risk, but special care is taken to protect fragile objects.Boxes are amply sized and your items are well-protected.
Inspect all packages immediately in the presence of the delivery person. Do not sign delivery receipt until all packages have been inspected. In the event that damage has occurred, note any damages or irregularities on both the packaging and the product on the freight bill or receipt at the deliverer’s presence. Have the person sign it as verification of defective merchandise. Retain all boxes and other packaging material as package may be subject to inspection by the carrier. A damage claim needed to be filled directly with the transport company and NOT with iGround | Auto Gear. Refusing a non-damaged item will result in NO credit being issued. iGround | Auto Gear is not responsible for damaged products.If you received the wrong item, please contact us here within two (2) days from the date you receive the shipment; we will send you the correct item and the return shipping fee will be taken in charge by iGround | Auto Gear. Depending of your location, the delivery company may vary. After having proceeded to checkout, we will send you all information. All prices are subjected to change without notice any time.
NO RETURN OR EXCHANGE IF PRODUCT IS PAINTED OR INSTALLED ON VEHICLE
Products limitation & installation
Please test fit the part to your vehicle prior to paint or install. Product made out of polyurethane (PU) material are bend-friendly. If this part is out of shape, it will return to its original shape after heat up + cool down in one of the following ways:
- In the summer if it’s hot out there with 86°F (30°C) or higher just use the sun unattended for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Let the lip into its bag while heating;
- Use heat gun (hair dryer) if available. You may bend the part to the ideal shape while heating it up with your heat gun. Typically holding the heat gun 1 foot away when heating up a particular spot for 2 to 3 minutes (hair dryer may take up to 10 minutes) of heat up time.
Once the part got softens, you may bend it back to shape, and quickly cool it down with a fan after.
Painting preparation for PU products:
Due to the high flexibility of PU made products, it is necessary to carefully prepare and utilize paint products that are flexible or can be used with flex agent additives. Consult with an Automotive Paint Supplier for their recommendations on specific brands and products.
- Clean all areas using SIMPLE GREEN or 3M PREP SOLVENT – 70 with a 3M SCOTCHBRITE #7447 pad and water. Rinse thoroughly.
- Wet sand all areas to be painted with 320-440 grit wet or dry paper.
- If any filling is required, use a 2 component Urethane filler following the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Use a plastic preparation such a DuPONT PLASTIC PREP #2319 and ADHESION PROMOTER #2322 or similar products.
- Prime areas to be painted using a catalyzed 2 component primer designed to be used on flexible Urethane parts.
- After primer has dried, wet sand using 400-500 grit wet or dry sand paper.
- Clean part using a prep solvent.
- Paint part using a urethane-based paint such as DuPONT CHROMASYSTEM or a paint that could be used with a flex agent additive.
Buyer may add to his own way double side tape, sealant or additional mounting brackets & screws for a secure mounting. We highly recommend your product to be installed by a professional. Some products could be for off-road only; verify with your local authority for its legal use. iGround | Auto Gear is not responsible for any defect caused to your product after installation or for damage caused by an illegal use. In no event shall iGround | Auto Gear be liable for indirect, consequential or incidental damages arising out of the use of the product. All products come UNPAINTED.