Test fit the part to your vehicle prior to paint or install. Product made out of polyurethane (PU) material are bend-friendly. If this part is out of shape, it will return to its original shape after heat up + cool down in one of the following ways:
- In the summer if it’s hot out there with 86°F (30°C) or higher just use the sun unattended for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Let the lip into its bag while heating;
- Use heat gun (hair dryer) if available. You may bend the part to the ideal shape while heating it up with your heat gun. Typically holding the heat gun 1 foot away when heating up a particular spot for 2 to 3 minutes (hair dryer may take up to 10 minutes) of heat up time.
Once the part got softens, you may bend it back to shape, and quickly cool it down with a fan after.
Painting preparation for PU products:
Due to the high flexibility of PU made products, it is necessary to carefully prepare and utilize paint products that are flexible or can be used with flex agent additives. Consult with an Automotive Paint Supplier for their recommendations on specific brands and products.
- Clean all areas using SIMPLE GREEN or 3M PREP SOLVENT – 70 with a 3M SCOTCHBRITE #7447 pad and water. Rinse thoroughly.
- Wet sand all areas to be painted with 320-440 grit wet or dry paper.
- If any filling is required, use a 2 component Urethane filler following the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Use a plastic preparation such a DuPONT PLASTIC PREP #2319 and ADHESION PROMOTER #2322 or similar products.
- Prime areas to be painted using a catalyzed 2 component primer designed to be used on flexible Urethane parts.
- After primer has dried, wet sand using 400-500 grit wet or dry sand paper.
- Clean part using a prep solvent.
- Paint part using a urethane-based paint such as DuPONT CHROMASYSTEM or a paint that could be used with a flex agent additive.
Buyer may add to his own way double side tape, sealant or additional mounting brackets & screws for a secure mounting. Aftermarket products may need some adjustment; we highly recommend your product to be installed by a professional. Some products could be for off-road only; verify with your local authority for its legal use. iGround | Auto Gear is not responsible for any defect caused to your product after installation or for damage caused by an illegal use. In no event shall iGround | Auto Gear be liable for indirect, consequential or incidental damages arising out of the use of the product.
All products come UNPAINTED.